Odour and Dust Control
Another important feature of the N-Viro Process is that it utilizes a robust odour control process to prevent fugitive emissions to the surrounding community. N-Viro production facilities often operate under negative pressure and employ a “Baghouse” system to remove airborne particulates from the process airstream prior to discharge it to atmosphere. Odour control systems at N-Viro Facilities meet the following main criteria:
- Ensure the building is fully and effectively enclosed, including the product storage area,
- Maintain active ventilation in all process and storage areas,
- Treat all malodorous air prior to discharge, and,
- Comply with provincial requirements for air pollution control.
Noise Attenuation and Control
Noise control at N-Viro Facilities is achieved by the following measures:
- Ensure the facility is fully enclosed,
- All equipment installed in the facility is required to meet provincial guidelines for acceptable noise emission levels.
Sustainable Development Technology
Principles of sustainable development include:
- fulfillment of human needs for clean air and water,
- maintenance of ecological integrity through reduction in wastes and protection of diverse and important natural systems,
- provision for self-determination through public involvement in the definition and development of local solutions to environmental problems,
- Achievement of equity with the fairest possible sharing of limited resources.
The N-Viro technology is a process that meets the requirements of sustainable development with beneficial reuse applications in agriculture, land reclamation, horticulture and landfill areas.
- N-Viro utilizes two clean waste products, each with valuable properties: cement kiln dust (or like by-products) and biosolids. Together these are processed into N-Viro Soil, a granular soil-like product that has many beneficial reuse markets.
- N-Viro Soil provides valuable nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, lime equivalency and organics. When applied to agricultural land or used for horticultural purposes, it reduces the use of chemical fertilizers and greatly improves soil characteristics. N-Viro Soil meets the provincial guidelines for agricultural land application, as well as those of the Ag Canada Fertilizers Act and Regulations.
- N-Viro believes in community consultation with respect to the process and beneficial reuse technology to ensure the public is educated and in favour. N-Viro is a simple, environmentally friendly technology that is very efficient in the use of valuable capital and energy resources while converting biosolids into product applications that, in every way, help to maintain and restore land for healthy productive purposes.